Thursday, September 28, 2006

Education and the Law

In November I have a three hour course at OU-Tulsa over two weekends called Education and the Law (EACS 6243) . I have obtained the required text and would like to comment on it periodically as I read ahead in anticipation of the class. I will also look up some more articles and web sites, with an emphasis on Johnson-O'Malley and other aspects of education pertaining to Native Americans. I also feel strongly that all educators should have a stronger grasp of education law, and particularly those in the Instuctional Leadership and Academic Curriculum program.

Bibliographic Note:

Lawrence F. Rossow and Jacqueline Stefkovich, Education Law: Cases and Materials, (Durham, North Carolina, Carolina Academic Press, 2005).

1 comment:

Geary Don Crofford said...

I wanted to add that there are a series of monographs concerning school suspensions, expulsions, etc., that were also required for the course and which I am in the process of obtaining.